We collect personal information (including demographic and personal profile data) as volunteered by you in registration forms, subscriptions, campaigns and e-actions. However, you can access our web site without disclosing any of your personal data. Oxfam also collects the following (non-identifying) information:
the internet domain and IP addresses from which you access the website
the type of browser (for example Internet Explorer or Firefox)
the operating system you use (for example, Windows, Macintosh)
the date and time of your visit
the pages you access
Oxfam may place internet “cookies” on your hard drive. These cookies may save data about you such as your name and the pages of the website that you viewed. You may decline, disable or delete the internet cookies while visiting the website by activating the relevant browser setting. However, doing so may affect the website functionality.
Oxfam uses the information to help us understand more about how supporters use our site and to make improvements.
The information you provide will not be sold or rented nor will it be shared with third parties unless we have your permission, are required to disclose the information by law, or in the following circumstances:
Oxfam reserves the right to share the information provided with Oxfam International or one of the affiliates or Oxfam country programs with the aim of promoting our work worldwide.
The safety of children is very important to us. No information should be submitted to or posted at Oxfam by children without prior parental consent. All applicable laws are followed with respect to data collection from children. No sharing of data collected from children with any third parties is permitted at any time under any circumstances.
Oxfam uses industry standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information, such as firewalls and Secure Socket Layers. We make every effort to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure.
Terms and conditions of use
Use of this site is provided by Oxfam subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
1. Your access and/or use of the Website constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as at the date of your first use of the website.
2. Oxfam reserves the rights to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of the website after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions as modified. You should therefore review these Terms and Conditions regularly.
3. You agree to use the website only for lawful purposes, and in a matter which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhabit the use and enjoyment of the website by any third party.
4. The website and the information, names, images, pictures, trade marks regarding or relating to Oxfam are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. To the extent permitted by law, Oxfam excludes all liability for any loss or damages including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or damages, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the website, whether in contract or in negligence. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits or excludes Oxfam’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, fraud, or any liability which cannot be excluded to applicable law.
5. Oxfam does not warrant that the functions and materials contained in the website will be: uninterrupted or error free; that defects will be corrected; that the website, or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs; or represent the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
6. All intellectual property in the website and the material or information it contains (including without limitation copyright, designs, database rights and trade marks (registered or unregistered) is and shall remain the property of Oxfam or its third party licensors.
Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without authorization from Oxfam. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as conferring any licence by Oxfam to use any item displayed.
Materials in the website may be copied for personal use only on the condition that all copyright notices and source indications are also reproduced, no modifications are made and each relevant item is copied in its entirety. However, some materials have been published on the website with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not Oxfam). All rights are reserved on these materials and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (as indicated within these materials).
7. Oxfam takes no responsibility for the content of external internet websites. Following links to any other websites or pages shall be at your own risk and Oxfam shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damages resulting from the use of such other websites.
8. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the website including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information. Oxfam reserves the right to remove any such communication or material from the Website at its own discretion.